In 1997, Simon set up Mini Mushaira, with Debjani Chatterjee and Basir Sultan Kazmi, to promote an interest in multicultural arts through poetry readings, storytelling and workshops.
- Perform literature from different cultural backgrounds
- Involve youth groups, students and community groups in the appreciation of ‘other’ literary heritages.
- Work with multifaith groups to highlight what is valuable in diverse belief systems.
- Liaise with teachers, librarians and youth workers as appropriate.
- Promote understanding between cultures and traditions through a range of performance-related activities.